Registration for the 2022 Grande Day Parade is now closed. See you at the parade!
2021 Parade Route
The map below shows the route.
Here are a few tips before heading out Sunday to enjoy the parade!
• Parade set up and staging: the main staging areas for the parade will be marked with "No Parking" signs (colored streets on the map below). Please keep those streets clear so the floats and participants can line up. Fifth Street SE (behind Minnewaska Elementary School) will be parade traffic only. As you can see from the updated map, we were able to eliminate the need to use First Ave. SE for staging. That street will be open for traffic and parking.
• Viewing areas: There are a lot of great viewing areas by the soccer fields along 8th Ave. SE, as well as, both sides of Highway 104 between the beach and South Lakeshore Drive. Bring your blankets and chairs. There should be enough room to set up your pop up tent if you would like a little more shade.
• Bring your boats! With the extended line of lakeshore the parade follows this year, there is even more room to view from your boat or just park and walk to your favorite spots.
• Parking: There will be lots of room for parking along the new parade route
- 5th Street SE and 8th Ave. SE: look for parking in the rear entrance of Barsness Park. Parking will be allowed in the grass along the east side of the road. Park perpendicular to the road (not alongside it). Pull ahead enough so cars can get by. You will also find parking along 7th Ave. SE and 6th Ave. SE.
- South Lakeshore Drive: Chances are parking in the beach parking lot will fill up fast so look to the2nd Street SE and 3rd Street SE for parking spots. Parking by the museum and softball fields may be available as well.
- Minnewaska Elementary: the parking lot of Minnewaska Elementary is open for parking. It's a short walk down to the parade route.
• Safety: Highway 104 South and South Lakeshore Drive: WIth the new parade route there may be more people trying to find spots along South Lakeshore Drive from Highway 104 to Lakeside. This area of the parade is always very busy. PLEASE KEEP CHILDREN OFF THE STREET! The main goal is that everyone has a safe and fun-filled day. Parents, family and friends, please keep the kids close!
We're all looking forward to
another great Waterama week.
Thanks for participating in the festivities and attending the
Grande Day Parade!!